Providing exceptional legal services to local governments, non-profits, businesses, and individuals since 1978
McMurchie Law’s employment practice focuses on protecting our clients from the many potential pitfalls that can arise in the course of employment, as well as helping employers craft their policies to promote efficiency and organization to avoid issues before they emerge. The firm has extensive experience in advising employers on all aspects of employment law, including:
- Drafting and implementation of policy manuals;
- Ensuring policy manuals are updated to comply with the ever changing law;
- Assisting with personnel issues including terminations, performance improvement plans and/or suspensions;
- Assisting employers with handling appeals of personnel decisions;
- Responding to complaints before the Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission;
- Investigating employee harassment and discrimination claims;
- Ensuring compliance with the Fair Employment and Housing Act; and
- Providing assistance in complying with the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
As part of our commitment to keeping our clients informed, we also routinely review new legislation and case law in the area of employment so our clients are always aware of regulations that may affect them.
© 2014, McMurchie Law